Dancing to Dirges

Depressing and happy things Tim says, sometimes while drunk

Monday, August 30, 2010

Chemically Tuned to a Minor Key

So, that's a week between posts. Nothing shocking about that, is there?

Things are getting better. One of the things that keeps me going is that I recognize that most of my down times are either the direct result of, or exacerbated by, my natural chemical imbalance. I'm tuned to a minor key. No fun, but it's a good thing to know. So no matter how down it gets, I know that time will, uh. Get it up. And I realize how bad that sentence sounds, but by God there's no going back.

Point is, yesterday was a good day, and if not for work today would be going pretty well, too.

There's going to be a little chaos here while I get moved into the new house and establish my office. I got a new standing desk, which is an experiment I've been looking forward to. I pace when I write, and all this standing and sitting and then getting stuck so I have to disentangle and walk some more and then go a couple rounds with the heavy bag and then sit again... it sucks. So I'm looking forward to standing while I write.

Little things, man. It's the little things that make it good.

Anyway. I hope your lives are going well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home