Dancing to Dirges

Depressing and happy things Tim says, sometimes while drunk

Monday, July 26, 2010

I am not a lettershop

My post count here has dwindled since I added Twitter. It's just easier to snap off a bit of ire there, rather than posting here. Follow me. And if you can't figure out my handle on twitter, then you never really loved me at all, did you?

Work update, I suppose. They aren't going to make us work for free as they had previously announced. New CFO, new income report, I suppose. We're going to be doing a bunch of the printing and inserting for acquisition ourselves this year (and ongoing) so that's going to trim the budget enough. Actually, we have to hire people to run those machines, and apparently that's covered too. So we fired five and a half people and are now hiring...more than that. The exact number is up in the air, but the actual quantity is increasing. I just get the feel we're making up the numbers as we go along.

What troubles me most about it is the direction of the hires. We laid off our entire Strategic Services department, who were tasked with providing data for strategic decisions. Math stuff. Drilling down into our projects to see what is working and why, and how we should proceed from there. Important stuff. So they're gone, and we're replacing them with, essentially, shop help. We're changing the focus of our company from thinking to...well. To production. To vending a product. And it's not a change for the better, because frankly we barely know what we're doing in that realm.

Anyway. Something to add to the list.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home