Dancing to Dirges

Depressing and happy things Tim says, sometimes while drunk

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

First Monday, which was actually Saturday

I'll keep this short, cuz I'm kind of on my ass. The trick is that I was starting to get sick on Friday, had a kind of head cold on Saturday, and am now rocking the head cold with irritated cough since Sunday. I went in to the new job on Saturday to check out the workstation and confirm all the installations were correct. Monday was a pretty good day. I got introduced to a lot of folks, did some jobs, etc, etc. Then I had to call in sick today. Talked too much yesterday, so I spent my day taking naps and drinking hot tea. I'm still pretty stuffed up, but I'll be okay. There's a lot to do at work tomorrow, too. Fun.

More reports later. The internet makes me tired.

2 Comments:

At 10:35 AM , Blogger Fashionpolice said...

There are actual studies (not that I can link to them, but that's what a statician told me) that show that there is an increased rate of sick days among new employees. This is because you're exposed to a whole new biohabitat of microorganisms.

 
At 5:09 PM , Blogger Splitcoil said...

I want to see "biohabitat of microorganisms" in the new book.

And congrats, sir.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home