Dancing to Dirges

Depressing and happy things Tim says, sometimes while drunk

Tuesday, June 09, 2009

Last Fucking Monday

So, it's the last week at the old job. I got through Monday. I think that's pretty good. I spent most of the day correcting things other people had done wrong. I kid you not, these people don't know anything about postal regulations. They're going to learn. Mostly by failing.

I also received the Solaris catalog for this year, featuring the art from HoV on the cover. It's very slick, and very pretty, and I think it'll go a long way towards pushing the book onto the shelves. This has been so long in coming (two years since I started talking to Solaris in earnest, about a year since I delivered the first draft) that it's surreal to think that the book is going to be on English and Australian shelves in two months. And by then I hope to be most of the way through the first draft of this other thing I'm working on. I imagine there will be some disruption, what with the job transition and the impending convention season, but I'm really trying to knuckle down and get things accomplished at a reasonable rate.

2 Comments:

At 7:32 PM , Blogger Splitcoil said...

Congratulations on the new jobbery and the inspiring developments on the HOV front. Don't worry too much about the disruption. Just steer a steady course. Nothing the Jahleel Brenton of scifi can't handle.

 
At 7:51 PM , Blogger colin said...

So where is the report for first fucking Monday? Or do you not start yet?

Good luck on the new gig.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home