Dancing to Dirges

Depressing and happy things Tim says, sometimes while drunk

Friday, January 02, 2009

Slow days at the office, and my chair is stiff.

I was going to do a big end of year post, about the things that have passed us by, the things we have yet to see. Etc. But I couldn't get up for it, so I didn't try. That's the best thing I can say about 08, I suppose. Sometimes I knew when to quit.

That's bullshit, of course. It was a great year. I've just never been very good at picking out the good bits. Anyway.

I did finally start on book two. Building up to that momentum point, where I'm sitting down every night and producing a thousand words of usable text, that's going to take some effort. But I managed on Tuesday, and I'm going to try some more this weekend. And maybe in a week or two I'll be moving smoothly again. I've abandoned the whole "Hand written first draft" thing for now. Too many words to write in too short a time. I need to be more efficient. Affectations must die.

I used to be one of those guys who never got down. Serious things would happen, and I'd move on. I don't really know what happened. But I'm going to get back there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home