Dancing to Dirges

Depressing and happy things Tim says, sometimes while drunk

Wednesday, December 17, 2008

I measure time in chapters, I never want it to end.

I have this problem where I'm supposed to be working on my next book, but I'm spending every spare moment reading The Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss. I can't put it down. It's such a perfect example of how a book should be written, how characters should be imagined and prose lined up... It's just a good book. A great book. I'm enjoying it. I'm going to stop reading books at lunch for a while after I finish, just to let the shine wear off so I don't go into the next tome with unrealistic expectations.

I have also seen the pretty, pretty artwork for my cover. It's pretty. I'll leave it to Solaris to decide when to reveal it, but I'll surely be linking it here when that happens.

Business is slow. And it appears to be snowing again. I wonder if people would notice if I lay my forehead against the monitor and took a little nap?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home