Dancing to Dirges

Depressing and happy things Tim says, sometimes while drunk

Tuesday, December 30, 2008

I used to be a patient man.

Hey, so, I did a 180 in my car yesterday. Black ice. It was on the quiet little industrial road that leads to my office, and there weren't any other cars around, especially none of those gas tankers that frequent the AirGas facility down the street. That was nice. Hitting the curb scarred up my hubs pretty good, but the tires seem to have survived intact, and I don't see any other damage. Just me, pissed off and a little sore. This makes two years in a row that I've had some winter-weather related event with my car. No, wait a second. I think the last time was two years ago. Hm. Maybe early 2007...I don't remember.

Business is slow. The software transition has given me something to do. There's a lot of push back from the rest of the staff on the software, not because the old way was better, but because the old way was entrenched. That's led to a lot of tense conversations. People don't like being told what to do, and I don't like having to explain myself over and over again. Whatever. It'll take time.

2 Comments:

At 11:23 PM , Blogger Splitcoil said...

"It learns the software without bothering Tim, or else it gets the hose again!"

 
At 9:37 AM , Blogger Daryl Gregory said...

Watch that black ice, man. I just slid through an intersection the other day with the entire family on board. Oh, the Christmas screaming.

As for your re-engineering troubles, reminds me of Broadcast News, when the network exec says, It must be nice to know you're always the smartest person in the room. And Holly Hunter says, "No, it's awful."

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home