Dancing to Dirges

Depressing and happy things Tim says, sometimes while drunk

Monday, December 08, 2008

Ruined forever!

I did that thing again where I throw away a book in disgust about 15 pages from the end. It just wasn't going anywhere good. I've enjoyed books by this author in the past, so even though the beginning was a little weak I pushed through to the middle. The middle was really good, actually. A very solid middle. So I thought Hey maybe he can turn this around. He didn't. It just kept getting worse and worse, and then something happened and I couldn't read any more. My soul wouldn't let me. So I'm on to my next book.

And I have a new chair. On Friday the piston in my chair gave up and settled all the way to the floor, so I was sitting at my desk like I was in kindergarten again. I brought this up to my boss, and he went and rummaged through all the discarded chairs and brought me another one. I should point out that we have discarded chairs because we used to have more employees, and now we have desk space. I don't really like this chair, but I can sit in it without getting spasms or losing feeling in my shoulders, so that's something. The pad is pretty good on it, too. My bony ass wreaks havoc on seat cushions.

I really can't think of anything interesting to say, at least nothing that you'd consider interesting. I have to prep for my DnD game on Sunday. I have mixed feelings about my workplace. I'm trying to be less overtly depressing to be around. I'm looking for joy in little things. I wonder why sex ruins everything. I don't feel like I enjoy christmas anymore. I'm already sick of winter, but don't particularly like spring, either. I can't imagine having to talk to my coworkers in a social environment. I can barely stand to listen them talk to each other. I try to be polite when people say stupid things. I think I know people, but I don't.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home