Dancing to Dirges

Depressing and happy things Tim says, sometimes while drunk

Sunday, August 10, 2008

Denver is Brown

Chicago is Green. That's just a starting point.

Back from Worldcon. Had a lot of fun, met my editors. Did the whole party thing. Didn't sleep enough, except for Saturday. I was supposed to go out with the team, wander the halls. Etc. Ended up falling asleep at around 9, watching the Olympics. So no Saturday parties. I blame my wife's aura of snuggle. Her fault.

I probably have clearer thoughts about the weekend, but they're not surfacing right now. I had a meeting with Solaris about the novel. I have some thoughts about the long term goals of the book, but I don't want to rock that right now. It's all good.

Talk to you folks later. For the next day or so, I'm into naps and wine. Wine. Naps. Mix and repeat.

5 Comments:

At 11:48 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, I met you at a Worldcon party on Friday (I'm the "omg real writers!" chick) and came to check out your writing...but the link to your free stuff seems to be broken. Any chance of a different link?

-Kat

 
At 6:59 AM , Blogger Tim Akers said...

No. No chance. The server is currently down, and the web guy is on vacation, so it'll be a while. However, Interzone has launch a podcast, and one of my stories was first up. It's here:

http://transmissionsfrombeyond.com/

Sorry I didn't make the Saturday edition of the party, but I ended up falling asleep right after dinner.

 
At 10:40 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

No problem about the party; all the exciting stuff was apparently on Friday anyway.

Downloaded your podcast; thanks for the link, I like listening to audiobooks on the train so this should be fun.

 
At 2:15 PM , Blogger Mark Newton said...

Great to see you there, Tim!

 
At 2:18 PM , Blogger Tim Akers said...

Yes, you too! I'm bummed I missed out on the majority of the Pyr party. I am not to be consoled.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home