Dancing to Dirges

Depressing and happy things Tim says, sometimes while drunk

Thursday, July 03, 2008

Revision is done. The Book is Done.

My God, that was a lot of work. I added maybe 20k words, and took out an equal amount, and modified about the same amount. Revisions are officially my least favorite part about being a writer. But since the rest of the job is all about rockstarrin' and show stealin', I guess I'll keep the gig.

I'm tired now. I was supposed to be in NC this week, visiting my parents and seeing old friends. Next time, I suppose. But I officially feel like I know more about writing books now than I did a year ago. Hell, I know more now than I did two weeks ago.

And what have you been up to?

6 Comments:

At 3:20 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Woot! Can't wait.

I've been up to no good. :)

 
At 5:20 PM , Blogger colin said...

*Applause*

 
At 6:11 PM , Blogger colin said...

Oh, and to answer your question, I've been trying to restart my brain.

 
At 4:39 AM , Blogger Mr NoName said...

Thought I'd post this as an anonymous post as you'd only think I was sucking up if I used my real name, or you wouldn't take my compliment as well!
Congratulations on finishing the book. I can't wait to grab a copy once it's released and I'm sure it will be as superbly written as your other work. (certainly better written than this post!)...
You've always struck me as writing films as opposed to 'stories' in as much as they effortlessly create a running visualisation of each chapter as I read.
Sounds weird but it's something few writers are able to do and probably the nicest thing I could tell anyone. To me it's the sign of a superb writer...

 
At 6:25 AM , Blogger Tim Akers said...

Anonymous posters! Argh!

Seriously though, I try to think cinematically when I write, since I take a lot of my storytelling cues from that medium. It's a different form, I realize, and you're not suppose to try to write movies or whatever, but it's what I enjoy, and it ends up being a good story.

I hope. Ahem.

 
At 10:51 PM , Blogger Fashionpolice said...

Congratulations!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home