Dancing to Dirges

Depressing and happy things Tim says, sometimes while drunk

Tuesday, June 10, 2008

What would you do, in my place?

I think I mentioned at some point that I'm going to be at a convention this weekend. It's a smallish local affair called Duckon, but it'll be the first time I have panels to attend, so I'm excited. Initially it looked like I would be participating in three or four panels, plus there was going to be a reading. I was hoping to make enough of an impression during my panels to get people to come to the reading. Well. That's not going to work out. The convention lost some of its space, so they had to trim the panels to the nub. In fact, it looks like they eliminated the entire literary track. Which, you know...that's what I do.

I've only got one panel, now, and that's not until Sunday at 1pm. My reading? Saturday morning at 10am. That's the first reading of the day, on the first full day of the con. So. I'm going to take a book to read, and if people show up I'll have the first chapter of Heart, but since I can virtually guarantee attendance is going to be limited to my friends who just happen to be at the convention...well. We're probably going to sit around and talk about politics or something. Or maybe we'll have that panel on publishing I was hoping to get to. Or the thing about dialog. I take pride in my dialog. Anyway. Still excited to be going. It's just not going to be the same.

In the meantime I've been making myself busy with things that don't need doing yet, because I'm not busy with the things that need doing. That is, I'm ahead of the game, so I'm starting the next game. That's nice.

2 Comments:

At 4:01 PM , Blogger Adam Israel said...

Ouch, that really sucks. The only thing (besides the singing Tesla coils) that interested me was the literary track.

 
At 5:13 PM , Blogger Tim Akers said...

I'm going to attend most of Bear's events...once I know what those are.

So now my hopes are on WindyCon.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home