Dancing to Dirges

Depressing and happy things Tim says, sometimes while drunk

Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Miles to go. Something about Sleeping.

Well, revisions are back from my readers and Joshua. Much work to do. At first I was going to despair, but looking over the notes I'm really pleased with how the book will look once that's all taken care of. But it's a lot of work. I'm probably scratching my vacation to Carolina at the end of the month to get it all done. I really don't want to do that, but hell. This is a lot of writing.

The lesson here is that you build revision time into your writing estimates. My mistake was that I stopped writing once negotiations started. I originally asked for seven months, but I didn't do any work while details were hammered and such, so that when the contract got signed two months later, it still had the original due date. So seven months became five, and here I am scrambling in the last week. My fault. But like I said, I'm really happy with the crits I got back, and with the specific recommendations. I have ideas. I have scenes. They just have to be written.

So. Radio silence? Probably not, since I write these posts at work, and I can't really work on the manuscript at my desk. But now you know what I'll be doing most nights for the next two weeks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home