Dancing to Dirges

Depressing and happy things Tim says, sometimes while drunk

Thursday, May 22, 2008

You have eighteen seconds. What do you do?

Passed 87k words tonight, and somewhere into chapter 20. I had originally planned for there to be 18 chapters, but the closer to the end I got, the longer the book became. I might be able to finish in 21, but 22 seems like a more realistic number now. I despair of getting this done by the end of weekend. But it is a *long* weekend, now isn't it? At the very least, I need to get this finished because I have an outline due on another project by end of month, and I don't want to just slap that out.

3 Comments:

At 9:56 PM , Blogger Splitcoil said...

Cut cut cut. Keep it bare. Keep it direct.

But what the crap do I know?

 
At 7:41 AM , Blogger Tim Akers said...

I think any actual cutting will happen in the middle of the book. That may end up pruning the end bit here, but for now I just want to get it finished. I'll figure out what's superfluous later on.

 
At 10:31 AM , Blogger Splitcoil said...

Sounds like a plan. I'm excited for you, brother. You steely-eyed killer of pages.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home