Dancing to Dirges

Depressing and happy things Tim says, sometimes while drunk

Sunday, February 17, 2008

I wear big boots, for a job like this

So after much snow, we're having heavy rain and warm temperatures today. My driveway is flooding. There's probably four inches out there, held in place by the natural depression of my lot, plus the walls of snow on either side from the multiple shovelings. So I just got finished digging out a drainage canal through my yard. We'll see how that goes.

This is at least in part due to the new houses across the street. Replacing ranches with McMansions (w/9' basements) and no drainage ditches will do that to you. I can watch the water cascade down their massive driveway, pool in the road, and then waterfall into my driveway. Lovely.

1 Comments:

At 12:50 PM , Blogger colin said...

Ah, but don't you like waterfalls?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home