Dancing to Dirges

Depressing and happy things Tim says, sometimes while drunk

Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Another day, another chunk of text. I'm just getting into my writing pace. That's nice. I think I could produce a lot of stories if this were my usual routine. Day. Dreamin'.

Anyway, lemme tell you a story. It's about my father-in-law. We get along well, he's an old school SF fan, and while he may not love the specifics of my stories he certainly appreciates the job description as a whole. But he's a funny guy, in a way that's hard to describe. We were talking about what various people drank, while he was here over the holiday. This must have been at breakfast. He starts to go on about the joys of Clamato. That would be clam-infused tomato juice. Right. But he skips over the taste and stuff, and says "But the bottle is great. It's square, so you can fill it with cat litter and put it in the back of your car. It won't roll around any, and when you get stuck in snow you can just dump the litter for traction."

Let's be clear. I can almost *guarantee* you that he was walking through the store, walked past the bottle of clamato, and noticed nothing but the bottle. Picked it up and thought "Square sides. If I filled this with cat litter, it wouldn't roll around in the trunk. Excellent." and then he looked at the front and thought "Yeah, clamato. What's in this? Clams and tomatoes? I can probably drink that. Sure, I can drink that. Round bottle in the trunk problem? Solved!"

Anyway. He's a great guy. It's just a funny story.

4 Comments:

At 2:48 PM , Blogger colin said...

He sounds like a very practical individual.

 
At 2:22 PM , Blogger Tim Akers said...

Practical like numbers are practical, yeah.

 
At 8:23 PM , Blogger Splitcoil said...

Gotta get me some Clamato. I had no idea there was a square bottle available on the American soft drink market.

 
At 2:39 PM , Blogger Fashionpolice said...

That post really made me smile - Function over Taste!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home