Dancing to Dirges

Depressing and happy things Tim says, sometimes while drunk

Saturday, October 06, 2007

That's just not likely

Pretty nice day for me. There's been a lot of stuff coming together for me in the last month. Today's nice thing was the Year's Best Fantasy and Horror. I didn't make the ToC, obviously, but at the start of the anthology the editors do a summation of the year, and then in the back they go through the Honorable Mention list. I made both, twice. It's an interesting thing. Ellen Datlow does the Horror section, and Gavin Grant and Kelly Link do the Fantasy selections. Ellen nodded my story The Song in Interzone, and Grant and Link pointed out A Walking of Crows in Electric Velocipede. That's pretty good for me, cuz it's every qualifying story of mine for the period. Hooray.

Next year I'm hoping for the ToC. Not likely, but what is likely?

4 Comments:

At 11:51 AM , Blogger colin said...

Excellent! I was wondering what YBFH stood for...

 
At 4:46 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, me too. I had to google it.

Congrats.

 
At 4:47 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Darn! Forgot to add my name.

 
At 4:12 AM , Blogger Splitcoil said...

You are a steely-eyed writer of prose, good sir. Knock them dead again this year.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home