Dancing to Dirges

Depressing and happy things Tim says, sometimes while drunk

Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Not a bad problem, I suppose.

I'm having that problem again. I tend to think in novel sized ideas, and when it comes to writing short stories I spend a lot of time wondering how I'm going to get all these spectacular thoughts into 10k words. Maybe I'll have to fold all the lovely plotlines I've got going into my notebook, and just use the background notes for something...shorter. My first instinct was to say "less significant," but that's not really fair. Less grandiose, perhaps. Something where everything happens in a couple days, and the world's not in danger. That kind of thing.

3 Comments:

At 10:13 AM , Blogger colin said...

Short stories, huh? I guess you read Nathan Ballingrud's interview linked on BoingBoing yesterday. I haven't actually gotten to it yet, but it seems like he has interesting things to say about short stories.

 
At 12:37 PM , Blogger Splitcoil said...

Languishing! Languishing, I say!

 
At 12:42 PM , Blogger Tim Akers said...

Hey! I'm spending a lot of time finding out things that I'm not allowed to talk about! So I'm not talking!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home