Dancing to Dirges

Depressing and happy things Tim says, sometimes while drunk

Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Do you remember me?

I told myself I'd start posting here more regularly, again. Work and writing and all have been crowding my attention recently, and it's amazing how weeks can go by and you don't even notice. So here I am, trying to post something, even though I don't really have anything interesting to say.

The transition has gone smoothly enough. Like I said, it's been busy at work. We've been working with a lot of old computers, and the last software upgrade officially broke them. The good news is that we're getting new computers. The bad news is that, while we wait for the delivery, everything is taking forever and everyone is angry all the time. But hey! New computers.

I'm working on a chapter by chapter summary of the book. I got through the bits I'd already written easily enough, and I'm plowing forward through the rest. It feels good to be back on track.

The first reviews of my most recent story are coming in. I don't have a copy yet, so I'm curious to see how it's presented. Every review so far has said something along the lines of "This is Akers' fourth Veridon story, and I feel I'd be getting more out of it if I'd read the other three." which makes me think the magazine says something about it being my fourth in a series, or something.

And now I'm sending awkward emails to people I barely know, asking favors. I really need to work on my electronic people skills.

2 Comments:

At 11:11 AM , Blogger colin said...

Maybe they've looked at your blog.

OMG!

 
At 11:12 AM , Blogger colin said...

The reviewers, that is.

So much for being coherent in the morning.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home