Dancing to Dirges

Depressing and happy things Tim says, sometimes while drunk

Monday, April 19, 2010

Meanwhile...

That was something of a pause, huh? I swore to post everyday and then didn't write anything for almost two months. Sounds about right. And I don't even have anything substantial to say now. So instead of content, I'll give you the reasons I haven't really been blogging of late.

1) A lot of my posts have been about why I wasn't happy with this or that aspect of my life. I've been kind of happy for the last few months.

2) I'm between projects. Horns of Ruin is turned in, Dead of Veridon isn't due until the end of the year, and I don't have any other contracts on the horizon. I've given myself a start date for DoV, but I'm also allowing myself some creative freedom in the meantime. I've been noodling around the edges of an epic fantasy that I don't really intend to start writing this year. Something nice to have in your pocket.

3) We're building a house. And the ramp up to that means cleaning our current house, storing all the stuff that we don't actually need to have around, performing minor repairs, and then living in a state of perpetual maintenance while we're on the market. It's a weird life to live.

So. That's why I've been quiet. That's why almost no one is going to read this post, and those of you who are reading are wondering *why* you're reading it. There you have it. Life is full of questions.

3 Comments:

At 6:57 PM , Blogger colin said...

Good to hear you've got the Horns of Ruin turned in, and the happy is always good.

Still here, still stalking.

 
At 6:08 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Actually I'm reading it because I recently discovered Heart Of Veridon and could not for the life of me understand why there seemed to be no audience for the book. Now I know.

Here's my Amazon post on your book:

"I've never been what you could call a "steam punk" fan...haven't explored the genre much and I'm not really sure what drew me to this book in the first place. I'm still not sure that I'll ever be a "steam punk" fan but I am absolutely positive that I am now a committed Tim Akers fan.

Akers is one of the most talented writers that I have come across in a long time. His ability to move a story along with snappy dialog and credible characters was refreshing after suffering through some of the utter garbage that I have subjected myself to lately. A little back-story fill-in would have helped a little as I'm still a little fuzzy about some of the major technical points in the book and perhaps a map would have been helpful as well but his writing skills left me with little doubt that Tim Akers could apply his talents to any genre out there and I would read it. I hope he finds an audience."

Keep up the good work and I'll keep up my end of the deal!

Dave Hoeltje

 
At 4:37 AM , Blogger Tim Akers said...

Dave, thanks for the positive feedback! We here at Akers Creative Services try to provide a quality product in a timely manner, and always with a smile. Cue jingle.

Seriously, nothing means more than readers enjoying the book. Thanks.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home