Dancing to Dirges

Depressing and happy things Tim says, sometimes while drunk

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

These things that happen

Today had its good and its bad, and honestly the good way outweighed the bad. It's hardly like you're reading my blog at all, isn't it? It's like I'm some kind of damn happy person who tells you about the good things in their life. That's just crazy.

To keep in theme, I'll tell you about the bad stuff first. Many work problems. We had a server utterly fail at work, and we're scrambling for replacement parts and what not. It's a mess. But it wasn't so bad, mostly because I was part of a team that was working to fix it, and we had our laughs and our good ideas, and it was nothing like being chained to a sinking ship while being eaten alive by filthy-minded ants (aka, nothing like the last job) so that was nice.

Also, about a week ago my agent told me that Borders was pulling Heart of Veridon from the shelves as part of their post-holiday inventory reduction. I immediately checked my local area Borders online, and they all still showed as being in stock, so the sting wasn't felt right off. Today I checked again, at the end of the day, and sure enough all but one of the Chicagoland stores show as out of stock. And some of those were autographed copies, too. Is the suck.

But the good! Ah, the good.

I have seen the final cover for The Horns of Ruin. It is brilliant. It's different than the cover for Heart of Veridon, which was also brilliant but in a very different way. I am quite pleased to have managed two excellent covers. No, I can not show it to you, but when Pyr makes the cover public I will certainly be spreading the joy here as well.

Oh, and the roof to my office is leaking. That sucks, too. But whatever.

3 Comments:

At 10:26 PM , Blogger Splitcoil said...

I did a little guerrilla marketing for you in Seattle. Searched out HOV on the shelves and swapped books around to face it, so that purty cover would grab eyes.

I know, I'm going to a hell where bookstore employees will beat me over the head with Danielle Steele novels.

 
At 1:22 PM , Blogger The Brillig Blogger said...

You can earn a lot of good will around the office by telling the people most impacted by the leak "let a smile be your umbrella." There's nothing like overuse of a trite aphorism to make the world a better (or bitter) place.

 
At 2:31 AM , Blogger Mike Alexander said...

Man, here in the UK we don't have Borders anymore!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home