Dancing to Dirges

Depressing and happy things Tim says, sometimes while drunk

Wednesday, December 02, 2009

Maybe fuck each other?

I'm sitting here at work reading about the Intelligent Mail Barcode, preparing to format my mail.dat file for use in the Testing Environment for Mailers. This is...kind of a complicated process. Better, it's a complicated process that is provided to you by the government, so it is perhaps intentionally impenetrable. I finally found a checklist to make sure you've got everything squared away. It's 70 pages long. Better, step one on the checklist is:

1) Review the Guides & Specifications (refer to Appendix A)

Appendix A is 100 pages long.

The point is, I'm bored out of my fucking mind, and now I remember why I did shit in school. I hate being bored. I hate doing boring things. I don't really want to know about the new standards for TEM. They can fuck themselves. They probably *should* fuck themselves. Loosen up a little.

Jee. Zus. Christ.

3 Comments:

At 10:42 AM , Blogger Adam Israel said...

I totally do not miss my days scrubbing data for mailers. I certainly do not envy you having to bone up on hundreds of pages of federal guidelines. Sounds suspiciously like reading tax code or something.

 
At 3:51 PM , Anonymous Mike A said...

I attribute my lack of wealth to the fact that as soon as anyone starts discussing financial matters, my brain glazes over within seconds. Give me something interesting to do and I'll work round the clock on it for days with ferocious concentration, but boring stuff, forget it!

 
At 4:02 PM , Blogger Splitcoil said...

I'm glad I don't have to learn any federal guidelines for anything! Oh wait. Shit, that's my whole job.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home