Dancing to Dirges

Depressing and happy things Tim says, sometimes while drunk

Thursday, November 12, 2009

I am good, in all ways.

I am in full and desperate writing mode, plus I have a convention this weekend with panels and readings and, HA!, and autograph session. So if you're in the vicinity of Lombard IL, I encourage you to come out and heckle me. I'll be carrying the Haggler.

I also bought a netbook last night. I needed a dedicated writing engine, because with my current configuration it was too easy for me to get stuck and just log in to WoW to do my dailies and next thing you know it's 2am and I've got 300 words, none of which I like. So this is good. I'm happy. Asus Eee PC 1005HA, for those of you who must know.

And after the battery had charged overnight and I rushed downstairs like a little boy on Christmas (as an aside, I love being an adult. I love being able to declare my own Christmas and just go buy what I want) to set up the box and get my bookmarks lined up, there was a very happy email notifying me of the following review:

Rich Horton reviews Heart of Veridon.

For serious, I'm thrilled. I was nervous when I saw it was Rich, because he's big among sf/f reviewers and his reviews of my early work, while not bad, were not exclamatory in their admiration. It's interesting to me that he notes The Algorithm and A Soul Stitched to Iron when he discusses my stories, because those are the best and closest to HoV.

I like being promising. So all in all, I'm having a good morning. Have at ye!

1 Comments:

At 12:55 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just began to read the book and so far I love it. I agree with the reviewer that the setting is very amazing, otherwise I can't much comment except that I was sad to put it down for the day at work :)

Anyway, it looks very promising page turner. It makes me want to play in a setting like that!

// J

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home