Dancing to Dirges

Depressing and happy things Tim says, sometimes while drunk

Monday, May 12, 2008

The rain falls all the way down

There were at least a dozen times last week that I thought "Ah, I should post about that" but then never did because time gets away. Or I'm lazy. Something. The point is, I had some interesting things to talk about, but you'll just have to take my word on that because I've forgotten most of them. Deeply relevant topics. Conversation starters. The world is poorer, for their lack.


I hope that the first draft will go to beta readers by end of week. Any volunteers? I need a good turnaround time, because I'll have the revisions done by mid-June. I feel like I've learned a lot, writing this book, but I don't feel like I can apply these lessons to this one because the damn thing is done. What I've learned has to do with how you set up a novel, plan it out, think about the whole thing and then start working on the narrative. You can't do that retroactively. So I'm hoping this one holds together, but who knows. Not me! Not this guy!

I'm not big into summer. I remember liking summer as a child, and I got along with it okay in college, but somewhere along the way I just stopped enjoying myself. Then again, that may have less to do with summer and more to do with me. It's okay summer, it's not your fault. It's me. Always me.

2 Comments:

At 12:31 AM , Blogger Psychophant said...

I was not much help last time, but this time the subject is much closer to my heart. As for turn around time, I have just received my Amazon junkie shipment, but I am sure I can do it in less than two weeks.

As for ideas, they are always slippery things. Or maybe it is because I usually get mine in the shower, and disappear while I dry.

 
At 11:28 AM , Blogger colin said...

I'd like to help, but you know I'm just really goddamn slow.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home