Dancing to Dirges

Depressing and happy things Tim says, sometimes while drunk

Thursday, April 17, 2008

It's about robots.

Have I really not blogged since Monday? Jesus. Where does time go? Away, dude. It goes away.

While the schedule is not fixed, I'll be doing my first panels and public reading at a local convention this summer. It's a good place to start, and the panels are even things I might be able to talk about intelligently. Not, you understand, that not understanding the panels would have stopped me from talking. I just might not invite the ire of my audience this way.

While I'll still probably make my chapter this week, I'm probably "behind" my ideal schedule now. Not because I'm producing more slowly, but because my outline has expanded. The last chapter wasn't on the outline at all. And there's one more chapter swelling out of my head, something that will probably fit in just before the final chapter. We'll see. But I'm not going to push myself and render something subpar. I'm still doing okay, timewise.

I have this other thing I'm working on, too, and it's occupying some space in my head. Research carved an hour out of my time last night. I'm going to take a pass at some scenes tonight, just to get a feel for the voice before I decide how I want the outline to go. This one's going to have multiple characters, in multiple locations. It should be curious. I'm sure I'll talk about it later, once it's sold. Because it will sell. I am inevitable.

On the way to work I was thinking about traffic flow. There are a number of prime turnoff spots on my route, and they really gum up the works. And I was thinking about that, about which lane I should be in preemptively to avoid the slowdown, I realized that I'd been driving this same road everyday, twice a day, for ten years. Almost eleven. I didn't like the sound of that.

1 Comments:

At 4:43 AM , Blogger The Brillig Blogger said...

In some countries it can be extremely dangerous to drive the same route to work every day. This is a huge security risk. And in fact, you might know too much now about that new employee from the other company. Vary the route, vary the time of departure, take a class in "defensive" driving. Be prepared.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home