Dancing to Dirges

Depressing and happy things Tim says, sometimes while drunk

Monday, March 17, 2008

People don't want to meet me. Seriously.

I went in to the weekend a little nervous, because I was behind. I've been managing a chapter a week for the last month or so, and that's a really nice pace. But on Saturday morning I was only half through the chapter I was scheduled to finish. My work week for this count is monday-sunday, so I figured that if I worked hard I could get it finished, it would just be a little tough.

And then I finished the thing on Saturday, and that felt pretty good. So I spent the rest of the day painting space marines. And on Sunday I started the next chapter. It's going to be a tough one to write, honestly, because it's got very little movement and tension, and is all character development and conversation and space management. I don't do a lot of that. We'll see.

My boss wants me to start visiting clients. Those of you who have met me know that's pretty far outside my skill set. I'm trying to find a way to say "Um. No." without completely upsetting the apple cart. With luck I'll just be "too busy" to get it done. I'm sure that will work.

2 Comments:

At 11:00 AM , Blogger colin said...

What did I say? Unstoppable.

And he paints space marines.

 
At 7:49 PM , Blogger Splitcoil said...

"Hey boss, I'm glad you're going to let me go out to meet clients. I remember when you had that idea about me never meeting clients."

"Well, wait, I thought it was my idea-"

"I mean, I've been waiting forever to go out and meet these assholes. I'm just gonna lay it on the line. Tell them how it really is. Tell them they've had it EASY up to now, but it's no more Mr. Nice Guy. Their shit is going to be ready to go when it comes to us, or they can fuck themselves."

"Uh, well, hang on a minute-"

"I mean, I know it was your idea to keep me in the office where I can't lay down the motherfuckin' law, but I'm glad you're willing to let me give it a shot MY way, goin' out, mixin' it up."

"Well-"

"And that bitch from Smith and Anderson? Oh god-DAMN she is fine. I'm just gonna have to lay a proper foundation for our in-the-flesh business relationship, if you know what I mean. I'm gonna be like, 'Bitch, bend over the desk' and shit."

"UHHHH, on second thought, why don't we stick with MY plan for you to stay in the office."

"Right on."

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home