Dancing to Dirges

Depressing and happy things Tim says, sometimes while drunk

Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Denver!

Got my Worldcon stuff together, finally. We'll be staying at the party hotel, so it'll be a short stumble home. There are lots of people I'm looking forward to meeting, some for the first time, some I only see once a year. The internet is a strange place.

It's been a chaotic day at work. A lot of mistakes, and I lost patience with more than one person in the execution of my duties. One of them pulled my boss aside and complained at great length about it. Of course, they did this in the office next to mine, and I heard most of the conversation through the wall. I note that my boss hasn't come to speak to me about this. For everyone's sake, I hope that doesn't happen. I won't apologize to stupid people. Maybe I expect too much of people, but that's only because I don't have shit standards. Of course, I went from listening to that conversation almost immediately to hearing my bosses discussing which specific *lie* they were going to tell the customer to cover up a particular mistake. So maybe I'm expecting too much from everyone.

You! Come to Denver! Buy me a beer!

5 Comments:

At 5:24 PM , Blogger Splitcoil said...

Who? Me? I don't know, man. I saw this portrait of you that made you look kind of scary. You know me: I don't like traveling long distances to deal with scary people.

 
At 5:38 PM , Blogger colin said...

There will be screaming crowds of literature groupies flinging their panties at you, right?

Oh, right, probably shouldn't mention that in front of the wife...

 
At 10:24 PM , Blogger Splitcoil said...

But can the underwear of 40-year-old men with halitosis really be called 'panties'?

 
At 10:31 AM , Blogger colin said...

Argh! Must... erase... mental... image...

 
At 10:21 AM , Blogger Jetse de Vries said...

Denvention!

And beer...

Mmmmmmh...;-)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home