Dancing to Dirges

Depressing and happy things Tim says, sometimes while drunk

Monday, April 02, 2007

What you do when nothing else works out

I guess you get desperate? So this is what I'm doing, and it may take time, or it may happen overnight. I'm transitioning into freelance writer-dom. I've always hesitated at the possibility of this, because I kept a very clear demarkation between my day job and my fiction. If I start freelancing, that line won't be so clear. I've dabbled in this stuff before, written some brochures and a little web-copy. I've started putting out feelers to people I know who use freelancers, to see if they have some scratch to throw my way. Keep the dayjob, for now, write when I can. Just to build a portfolio. And then, maybe, the next thing? We'll see. But it's a start. It's something to look forward to, other than dull misery and strife.

1 Comments:

At 3:19 PM , Blogger colin said...

That could be interesting. Yes, indeedy.

Still no hair pictures, I see. I imagine your hair now has trouble fitting through doorways, and you have to drive with the sunroof open at all times.

By the way, I've finished the chapters of Burn you gave me, oh, five fucking months ago. Now I just need to scrape together some coherent criticism. Jesus.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home