Dancing to Dirges

Depressing and happy things Tim says, sometimes while drunk

Monday, January 22, 2007

Everything smells like lung

Spent the weekend sick. Ill. Lots of mucus, lots of staring open-mouthed at the television, lots of not sleeping well and eating warm soup. I don't like being sick. It's a fundamentally ridiculous process, and I want the upgrade that resolves the issue. Now.

I have a friend who sold a book, over the weekend. I don't know if the deal is free and clear, if it's something that can be talked about publicly, so I won't say his name or the publisher's name. It's been interesting, though, because I've been talking to this guy throughout the process. Like to see the cogs in the machine, I do.

When I woke up this morning, my first thought was "My god, I'm hungover..." Then I remembered that no, I was sick, and this was just sinus congestion. They I thought "Hey, it kind of sucks that I can't tell the difference between my vice and my disease." Heh.

8 Comments:

At 4:17 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ew to the mucus. Sorry you were sick - that sucks. Was it at least mild enough that you could enjoy the TV, or should I be taking from the open-mouthedness of the TV-viewing that it was of the more zombieriffic variety?

 
At 5:52 PM , Blogger Tim Akers said...

Were? Oh no, still sick. My voice and throat crapped out today, and I've hardly been sleeping. So. More zombie than television enthusiast.

 
At 7:41 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, bleargh and triple sorry. My own personal set of placebos is EmergenC and enough echinacea tea to drown a horse. YMMV. Are you at least taking off from work?

 
At 6:40 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Um. No.

 
At 12:13 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're all about the cogs.

 
At 9:17 PM , Blogger Splitcoil said...

Great cogs! Your blog is languishing!

 
At 8:50 PM , Blogger colin said...

You're one to talk!

 
At 4:31 PM , Blogger colin said...

I take it back. Splitcoil posted, so now he has my permission to rag on you for not posting.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home