Dancing to Dirges

Depressing and happy things Tim says, sometimes while drunk

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Sometimes we just need a good memory

When I was a kid there was this grocery store called the Fresh Market. It was sort of a forerunner of Whole Foods or similar. Lots of good food, kind of expensive, but really unique stuff. It was just far enough away that it was a special trip to go there. As I age I've come to appreciate good, fresh ingredients, but this was when I was a kid. And as a kid, the thing I remember most about the Fresh Market was the jelly bean display. I suppose these days it would seem pretty mundane, but for me it was great. Gourmet beans of every type in plastic containers, and big old scoop to get them out. I loved the way their shells clicked against the scoop, the smooth rustle as they slid into the bag, their weight in the plastic. I loved eating them one at a time.

Anyway. It's a good memory for me. That is all.

2 Comments:

At 8:45 PM , Blogger The Brillig Blogger said...

I've got lots of Jelly Bellies!

 
At 9:44 PM , Anonymous gibbysgirl.com said...

Oh the Fresh Market! Good times. I too loved the Jelly Bean display. I think what I loved most was the free coffee. I used to make mine more like cocoa -- tons of sugar and cream.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home