Dancing to Dirges

Depressing and happy things Tim says, sometimes while drunk

Friday, December 30, 2005

This is the way the year ends

I hope you all had a pleasant holiday. I'm off work until tuesday, so I'm not quite out of the season yet. Still kicking back. If you consider six hours at the computer formatting your novel kicking back.

So, yeah, the big thing that happened to me this week was hearing back from a certain agent. Seems that he liked the first three chapters of KDR, and has requested the balance of the manuscript. Like I said, it took me six hours to get it all formatted in manuscript form and then printed out, but it's done. Sitting on my desk right now. I'm going to get a copy made at kinko's tomorrow, then into ye mail it goes. It's a big step. Well, it's the next step. And considering I had pretty much written this novel off and was going to be concentrating on short stories for the next six months or so, it's nice to have this just kind of drop in out of the blue.

I promise I'll talk about something other than writing in the next day or two. But the last quarter of 2005 has been good to me, professionally speaking.

4 Comments:

At 10:46 AM , Blogger Fashionpolice said...

Glad to hear it, Tim!

Fingers are crossed.

 
At 11:27 AM , Blogger Splitcoil said...

Congratulations, man! I wish ye the best of luck, and I hope to see the complete boxed set of the Chronicles of the KDR on my bookshelf someday, right next to the Narnias.

 
At 4:14 PM , Blogger colin said...

Yeah! Agent! Novel! Yeah!

 
At 10:16 AM , Blogger Tim Akers said...

Thankee, all. It took him eight weeks to respond to the initial three chapter submission, so I suspect 40 chapters might take a bit longer. Or not. The difference between slush and requested material, perhaps. So I'll be an emotional wreck for the next, oh, four or five months I suspect. Just warning ya.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home