Dancing to Dirges

Depressing and happy things Tim says, sometimes while drunk

Thursday, November 17, 2005

Jacket: Check

Over the last couple of days, we've started getting the real weather. The true shit. I woke up this morning and it was 13 degrees, with windchills dancing around zero. I look at that and think, Man, that's cold, but then I remember that there will come a time, a few months from now, when I'll see 13 on the thermometer and think Heat Wave!

So I stand outside with my jacket unzipped and I breathe deep, let the cold air in, let the frost into my lungs. Winter is a clean time, a hard season, and it makes you or it breaks you. So let the cold in.

2 Comments:

At 5:20 PM , Blogger Splitcoil said...

That's terrible. Our temp has gone as low as 39 degrees lately! Though only when it's dark. Can you imagine anything so cold? I've had to start wearing a sport coat under my outer coat to stay warm when I'm out walking around in such brutal weather.

If you want to kill me, you know where to find me.

 
At 9:19 AM , Blogger colin said...

My wife and I complain, every morning, about how cold it is in the house. Of course, that probably has something to do with our stubborn refusal to turn on the heater.

If you're going to murder people for not being cold enough, I guess you'll have to extend that killing spree down the Pacific coast.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home