Dancing to Dirges

Depressing and happy things Tim says, sometimes while drunk

Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Meh bleh feh

Okay, so, I'm sure I'm completely alone in this, but the holidays are busy. I actually got up an hour early this morning to wrap xmas presents, because that's the last chance I'm going to have to do it before the day. Yay for me. Yay for presents.

I think the thing I find most draining about suburbia is the lack of isolation. I'm a quiet times kind of guy. Nothing better than sitting on my porch and not being able to hear other people, see other houses or...well, you get the idea. Be alone. I simply can't do that. The only way I manage any legitimate alone time is by finding crowds of absolute strangers, and that's just way not the same.

So I think I want to spend a month in a cabin. Maybe on an island somewhere. Splitting wood, empty my pen, fill my pen with ink, empty it again. That sounds nice.

1 Comments:

At 4:12 PM , Blogger Marshdrifter said...

Plenty of open space here in Wisconsin. Don't forget to hit your complimentary deer on the drive in.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home