Dancing to Dirges

Depressing and happy things Tim says, sometimes while drunk

Monday, December 04, 2006

December is for working

Sort of a busy weekend. Shoveling the driveway on Saturday sucked. My driveway doesn't drain and we had rain the day before, so we had about two inches of ice under the six of snow. Ice is hard to shovel. My whole core is sore. And then we had an office party, which ended in a poker game that didn't go well, mostly because half the people knew how to play and half the people were just drunk and betting randomly. Who keeps doubling their bets on five eight off suite? The guy who won the game, that's who. Anyway.

Then Sunday was our DnD game, which is a lot of sitting in uncomfortable chairs and eating bad food and thinking really, really hard. It's fun, but I'm usually wiped out by the end of it.

My vacation time has accumulated, and I have to spend it by the end of the year or I lose it. So I'm going to take every friday off for the rest of the year. I've gotten extensive notes on the book, so that's what I'll be doing. Re-plotting, re-writing, re-thinking. Re. But I want it to be a busy and productive month, so I can start the new year with a solid footing.

I can summarize the above for you pretty easily: Nothing is happening in my life. I don't do anything interesting or new, so all I can do is talk about my writing and why my back hurts. Someday I'll look back on these years as the easy ones, but this isn't what I had in mind when I said I wanted to be a writer.

1 Comments:

At 7:15 PM , Blogger Marshdrifter said...

Nothing is happening in my life.

I think that's pretty true about people who are between beginner and expert stage. There's a lot of time spent refining the skill. It's not new or exciting, so why would it be very interesting? OTOH, it's pretty interesting to the person who's doing it, and that's what counts.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home