Dancing to Dirges

Depressing and happy things Tim says, sometimes while drunk

Monday, October 20, 2008

Well, when you say it like that

Once again, I'm sorry that it's been a week and a half. I've been busy. I took on some freelance work, and then my line edits came through, and then work got busy. And I got to Calgary next week. Helluva time.

Today I got the proof copy of the Solaris Book of SF 3, of which I am a part. It's heady company. My story appears next to Ken MacLeod. Intimidating. But I reread the story and I'm happy with it. It's true to my style, it's fun, and it's a good read. *shrug* Can't do anything more than that.

The freelance work kind of sucks. It's a lot of effort, and the pay is low. But it's hard to find work if you don't have much of a portfolio. You think ad agencies would like to see my collection of RPG work? Maybe my short story about monks killing a little girl? No? Hm, well then. What to do.

2 Comments:

At 2:28 PM , Blogger colin said...

Just out of interest, what kind of freelance work is that? I mean, what sort of stuff are you writing where RPG and killer-monk-story experience is not relevant (or, indeed, an impediment)?

Or is that too prying a question?

 
At 6:09 PM , Blogger Tim Akers said...

I'm writing lesson plans for English teachers. Ahem.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home