Dancing to Dirges

Depressing and happy things Tim says, sometimes while drunk

Monday, February 16, 2009

Also, sports are more important than your job. More important than anything.

Okay, I got the typeset proof of my book on Friday. That's exciting. Right? Right! It has the dedication page, and the ads in the back, and everything. And I haven't read this book in months, so it's almost as if I've forgotten everything. Probably the freshest my eyes have been for this editing thing since the project started.

We saw Pineapple Express over the weekend. Don't do drugs. Drugs make you a bad writer. Drugs keep you from seeing irrelevant plotlines and cause you to lose track of characters and, you know, generally fuck up your script. Well. At least, that's what they make Seth Rogen do. I actually couldn't sleep I was so troubled by the complete lack of continuity in that movie. Thank god I had been drinking.

Things I have learned at work: You can make your job harder than it needs to be. If you're nice, you don't have to be good at your job. The Post Office doesn't know its own rules, and certainly doesn't follow them. Most importantly, not caring about these things is the best way forward.

Ta.

2 Comments:

At 3:49 PM , Blogger The Brillig Blogger said...

the whole writing on drugs thing ended up working well enough for Philip K. Dick, though, and the Naked Lunch guy. Neither of which are my cup of tea, but still. Yes, most people are drinking while they see Pineapple Express. The theaters try very hard to sell those big cups of Coke or Pepsi. Tropic Thunder much better.

 
At 6:49 AM , Blogger Tim Akers said...

I really liked Tropic Thunder, too.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home