Dancing to Dirges

Depressing and happy things Tim says, sometimes while drunk

Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Um...RSS?

Okay. I've supposedly set this blog up for RSS feeds, via FeedBurner. I don't know what you, the reader, have to do to subscribe or whatever. I hate getting involved with new technology, cuz there's this nebulous early stage where I'm wandering around in a fog, spouting technical terms without a complete understanding of their core principles. Stumbling. It's embarrassing.

On other matters, I'm knee deep in a rewrite for InterZone right now. It's exciting and frustrating and stressful all at once. What the editor wants the story to become is not the story I wrote. I'm fine with that, because the story he envisions is a good story. It's just completely not what I was writing when I sat down and wrote this specific story. It's going to take a bit of mental reworking, tinkering with how I approach the story, before I can actually do the rewrite. So, if you're expecting things of me, or trying to talk to me, and I seem distracted, that's why. I'm retooling my narrative apparatus. It's complicated.

8 Comments:

At 5:48 PM , Blogger Marshdrifter said...

Seems to work. Sage detects it automagically, so I don't have to really find it at all.

 
At 6:35 PM , Blogger Rob said...

Interzone?

*swoons*

 
At 6:28 AM , Blogger digitalprimate said...

Dude, you totally said, "I'm retooling my narrative apparatus."

Oh, and the RSS is working as promised.

 
At 4:02 PM , Blogger colin said...

Your RSS works fine for me. With Firefox subscribing is as easy as clicking on a funny-looking icon, once you know what that icon does.

That rewrite request was from Jetse, or further down the pipe? Very exciting either way.

 
At 7:21 PM , Blogger Tim Akers said...

It's embarrassing. I've got one story passed on to the editor council, and also the rewrite. Yeah. I'm a winner.

 
At 10:29 AM , Blogger colin said...

Two? You da man, Tim!

 
At 5:58 PM , Blogger Splitcoil said...

Jeez, man! That's good news. You are so totally going to dump us any day now.

 
At 8:14 AM , Blogger Tim Akers said...

I so totally am not. The current stall is not my fault. Honest.

Though with this blog apparatus set up, we might want to just make DC some kind of distributed blog network. Any idea on how we'd get the stories up?

Thinking....

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home